Tuesday, August 16, 2011

M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Review


M.A.C Claims: 
A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day

The first thing I ever purchased when I started experimenting with make up was the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. The reason that I decided to start off with this is because the make up artists told me that this product had coverage, but not enough to be visible to eyes. It's also buildable, lightweight and looks natural. When I first started applying this product I would use the Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush, since the brush itself is duo fibre it allowed a lightweight but airbrushed finish of the skin.

When I wanted to move up in coverage I asked the M.A.C Make Up Artists about the Studio Fix. She asked me what I was using on my face because it already looked good. I told her that I was using the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus. Instead of suggesting a foundation that was higher in coverage she suggested the Fix + (spritz of vitamin and minerals, review coming soon). That in itself gave me awesome coverage without looking like I was actually wearing make up.

I own  Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in two shades, Medium Plus and Medium Dark. The reason that I owe them in two shades is because in the winter I can go with Medium Plus and to contour or during the summer I can use the Medium Dark shade. To set my Prolongware Foundation I use my Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus to town down the pink undertones in my skin. Therefor giving me a natural even tone. I have also ran in to the problem where my shade is no longer matching me because my skin darkened during the summer, so instead of buying a darker shade of foundation I dusted on some Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. That itself saved me not only a trip to the M.A.C Counter, but also money on a new foundation.

Not only can the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural be used to set and give warmth to your face, but it can also be used alone. This product itself is a product that I seem to purchase time after time. It's truly one of my favorites.

Pros:
Light Weight
Buildable
Natural
Used for Setting
Gives Color/Warmth

Cons:
Low Coverage

Over All Rating:




M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural can be purchased at M.A.C Stores, M.A.C Counters and MacCosmetics.com for $27.00 US.

No comments:

Post a Comment