Tuesday, August 16, 2011

M.A.C Surf, Baby Swatches & Review


Grab the board, hop in the Jeep, cruise the Pacific Coast Highway… Surf’s up! The lure of the endless summer starts here with My Paradise Cheek Powder, Summer Stash of Crushed Metallic Pigments, Hibiscus Lipstick and Splashproof Lash Mascara that just won’t smudge. Colourful, lustrous, and full of life…journey to a world where feeling the rush means taking a risk. Hang Ten!
Here’s bronzing for every dude and dudette looking to hit the half-pipe with a killer tan. Bring commotion to the ocean with Solar Riche Bronzing Powder and new Gold-go-Lightly Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder. Capture the surf spirit, add contours & dimension with the latest Skinsheen Bronzer Stick! Defy sun-and-sea blasted lips with Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balms.
Limited edition.
 Swatches & Review after the jump.




When I first read about this the Surf, Baby! Collection I was super excited. Not only was there gorgeous eye shadows, but there was also the most interesting thing since make up in itself. That gorgeous teal eyeliner. I had to get my hands on that gorgeous eyeliner. Not only could I use it on my waterline, but I could also smudge it under my lash line and add some serious color.  

My M.A.C girl called me right after I had just gotten out of class and reminded me of the new M.A.C Collection and asked if I wanted to make it an appointment. I did not hesitate and said of course, I was going to celebrate a friends birthday and I needed to pick up that gorgeous eyeliner. 


I picked up the following items. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Blue Noon, Eyeshadow in Surf U.S.A. (Frost) & The Crushed Metallic Pigment Stacks in Surf the Ocean which include platinum, light teal green, gold bronze and graphite with silver pearl. Swatches below.


From Left to Right: Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Blue Noon, Eyeshadow in Surf U.S.A. (Frost) , Crushed Metallic Pigment Stacks in Surf the Ocean: Graphite with silver pearl, Gold Bronze, Light Teal Green & Platinum.
With all the items in the collection I only picked out the colors that I really wanted. I'm in the stage of my life where I'm really into teal and this collection called my name in that area. The Powerpoint Eye Pencil is just amazing in all aspects. it's creamy and doesn't smudge the way other eyeliners do, the color is magical. The Surf U.S.A. Eyeshadow is perfectly matched with Blue Noon, I usually combine both of these items when I head out to the for the night life. The Crushed Metallic Pigments Stacks are really pretty, the colors are very pigmented but they can be a little hard to work with, specially with a bit of fallout.

Over All Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment